Understanding Hebrew roots – “God’s ways” not “Jewish traditions”
Far too many Christians are taught today in churches that the Old Testament is an interesting book of stories but not relevant anymore or that somehow the New Testament has completely replaced the Old Testament. This is simply not true. Seek to understand the Hebrew roots God Himself created as the foundation of our relationship with Him and how to place them in proper context in our lives today. Test what you have been taught by our culture and churches today against what scripture really says.
Let us also remember that Yeshua was judged perfect by obeying the law and instructions of YHWH laid out in the Old Testament. He should be our example and we should seek to better understand the ways he lived when he was among us physically, setting the example for us to follow. Then we can seek carefully to understand what elements have been fulfilled. Understanding the Hebrew roots of our faith draws us closer to Yeshua.
- JacobsTent.org is a fellowship that meets in Tennessee and live streams events for Moedim and regular Sabbath services weekly. It is more than just a study, but brings you in to be part of a fellowship worshipping and learning together.
- Shoreshim Ministries, at BillCloud.com, re-introduces Christians to the Jewish Y’shua in order to educate believers in the Hebraic roots of their faith. This in turn helps disciples to understand and follow Messiah more fully in their lives.
- 119ministries.com (also TestEverything.net) challenges and helps us test common teaching or practices today against God’s word. We are to test everything and hold onto only what is good
- Beth Immanuel Sabbath Fellowship, at BethImmanuel.org, is a family-based Messianic Jewish community for people of all nations. Teaching and Bible study is at the center of what they do. They emphasize teaching and study from a Messianic Jewish perspective, revealing the Jewish Roots of Christianity, and encountering the Jewish Jesus.
- Bible.org – The Lord’s Appointed Times (Leviticus 23)
- First Fruits of Zion, at ffoz.org, specializes in the study and teaching of Scripture from its historical, linguistic, and cultural context. They present a Messianic Jewish reading of the Bible and early Jewish-Christianity.
- Foundations in Torah, at FoundationsInTorah.com, focuses on connecting the gospels and epistles of the New Testament with their foundations in the Old Testament for better understanding of context.
- Hebraic Roots Network, at HebraicRootsNetwork.com, is a consortium of like-minded ministries dedicated to bringing solid Biblical teaching to the world. They present the Scriptures from a Hebrew perspective allowing the viewer to gain deeper understanding through applied context.
- Hebrew for Christians, at Hebrew4Christians.com, helps us study and deepen our faith by connecting with the Hebrew roots of God’s relationship with His people.
- MTOI.org Messianic Torah Observant Israel. We are dedicated to serving YHWH as He brings the Body of Messiah together worldwide. We pray that this website becomes a valuable resource for you to learn, grow, and fellowship with other like-minded believers from around the world who desire to connect with you and help you feel connected.
- New2Torah.com Teaches and studies the Hebrew roots of our faith and how we should be living today in proper understanding of the law of YHWH. “Saved by grace, through faith while running from lawlessness”
- RenewedMoon.com Latest reports and tools for sighting crescent (renewed) moons throughout the world and within Israel for the purposes of observing a Biblical calendar.
- A Rood Awakening (ARoodAwakening.tv/), has a mission to awaken and deliver people from the perverted traditions of man-made religion so that they can live in loving obedience to the Torah and learn to walk with the Messiah in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- RestoringTheWay.org It is the focus of this ministry to restore what we believe has been something lost over the past 2,000 years or so and that is the Hebrew or Hebraic roots of the Christian faith.
- SetApartPeople.com. To be holy means to be set apart for God’s purposes. This site helps to lead you in understanding the perspective of drawing nearer to Him by following His ways.
- TheMoedim.com helps us understand God’s calendar and how it relates to our continuing to celebrate His holy days still today as part of following Jesus.
Additional resources to help you Study Hebrew Roots of Christianity.